Wake County, NC Rape Lawyer
Raleigh, NC rape and other sex-related crimes are often difficult, emotion-laden legal matters. It takes an experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney such as Curtis High to effectively protect and advance the legal rights of the accused in such cases. Mr. High has years of experience in handling North Carolina rape cases and has proven to be an excellent choice for the counsel and representation of individuals facing these or similar charges.
Protecting Your Legal Rights
Felonies, misdemeanors and infractions regarding sex-related crimes such as rape or indecent liberties may be levied against an individual by a state or federal prosecutor. Mr. High provides thorough and skilled representation to clients who have been accused of (or are being investigated for) the following crimes in Wake County:
- First-degree rape
- Second-degree rape
- First-degree sexual offense
- Second-degree sexual offense
- Sexual battery
- Intercourse and sexual offenses with certain victims; consent no defense
- Statutory rape or sexual offense of person who is 13, 14, or 15 years old
- Spousal rape (no defense that victim is spouse of person committing act)
- Indecent liberties
- Child pornography — possession, distribution
- Solicitation of a minor
Working on Your Behalf
All of these crimes carry heavy penalties in the state or federal criminal justice system, and beyond that, an individual who is merely suspected of rape or another sex crime is often assumed by friends, coworkers and the community at large to be guilty, no matter what the circumstances of the case.
Mr. High's role is to work tirelessly on your behalf, in actions such as:
- conducting an independent investigation of your case
- interviewing police and any parties involved or witnesses
- investigating the possibilities of factual innocence or insufficient evidence
- checking for illegal or improper police procedure
- negotiating lower bail or release on your own recognizance
- gathering evidence of your good character by collecting reference letters, church affiliation, etc.
- making motions such as those to get your case dismissed or to suppress evidence against you
Schedule a Consultation with N.C. Criminal Defense Attorney Today
If you're facing a North Carolina rape charge or a similar offense, contact Raleigh rape attorney Curtis High to arrange a private, confidential consultation today. He will investigate every detail of the crime and aggressively fight to protect your legal rights.