Raleigh, Wake County Sexual Offense Attorney
A sexual offense is defined as any alleged crime in which force is used (or the threat of force is used) to sexually exploit another individual. Additionally, a sexual offense may be an alleged crime that violates the social norms, such as polygamy and necrophilia. A sexual offense can be classified as a misdemeanor or a felony crime.
Specific details of the event, along with the accused individual’s criminal history and factors such as whether another individual was injured or killed as a result of the alleged crime will dictate the precise nature of the charge filed.
Sexual offense, in any case, is a serious matter that can result in harsh penalties that can devastate a person’s life forever. If you have been arrested and charged with a sexual offense in the Raleigh, Wake County area, you can turn to Curtis R. High, Attorney at Law for qualified and committed representation.
Handling All Types of NC Sex Crimes
Examples of sexual offenses include:
- child pornography
- exhibition or voyeurism (indecent exposure, public urination, peeping, etc.)
- incest or molestation
- prostitution, solicitation or pimping
- rape (spousal, statutory, etc.)
- sexual acts performed by individuals in a position of trust (such as a teacher, physician or police officer)
- sexual assault or sexual abuse
- sexual harassment
Protecting Your Future
Mr. High fights exhaustedly to protect his clients from severe penalties. Sex crimes carry some lifelong penalties, including:
- lengthy prison sentence
- hefty fines
- permanent criminal record
- registry with the national sex offender directory
- tarnished reputation
- damaged personal relationships
- lost career and education opportunities
Building a Strong Defense
If you or a loved one has been accused of any type of sex crime in Wake County or in the State of North Carolina you should consult an attorney right away to:
- Learn more about your legal rights
- Receive a thorough, professional evaluation of your case
- Get expert advice regarding the most appropriate manner in which to proceed in order to resolve your case as efficiently and successfully as possible
Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Raleigh, NC
Mr. High is a Wake County criminal defense attorney who has worked hard to establish a reputation for excellence and success. He built his practice with a commitment to providing individuals throughout North Carolina with the best legal representation possible.
If you or a loved one is in need of an experienced sexual offense attorney in Raleigh, or anywhere throughout the state of North Carolina, contact our law offices today. We will provide you with an honest assessment of your case and commit 100 percent to protecting your rights.