Raleigh, Wake County Suspended License Attorney
Although many people consider the act of driving a car to be a right, in the eyes of the law, it is a privilege that drivers can only maintain by following traffic and criminal laws. When traffic laws are violated, criminal courts and the Department of Motor Vehicles will take action. Depending on the crime, a person’s driver’s license may be suspended, making it illegal for that individual to operate any type of motor vehicle.
Reasons that a person’s driver’s license may be suspended include (but aren’t limited to):
- Accruing 12 or more points on a driving record within a 3-year period (due to the accumulation of moving violations)
- Committing vehicular manslaughter
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI or DWI)
- Driving without car insurance
- Physical or mental impairment that precludes the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
- Other driving-related offenses, such as involvement in a fatal car accident, racing cars on a highway or abandoning a car on a highway
- Certain non-driving offenses, such as failing to pay child support (or other court-ordered fines), securing a license or learner’s permit under false pretenses or failing to appear in court when summoned
If your license has been suspended, it is crucial that you do not drive, as it could result in more serious penalties and fines. An important thing to note is your license may be considered suspended immediately, even if the actual suspension time hasn’t officially begun.
Are You Facing a Possible Driver’s License Suspension?
If you are facing a possibility that your driver’s license will be suspended, if it already has been suspended, or if you are caught driving on a suspended license, criminal attorney Curtis R. High can help you. He is an aggressive Raleigh, Wake County criminal defense attorney with more than 19 years of experience.
He is highly familiar with the criminal system in North Carolina and knows how to build a strong defense in a number of scenarios. Driving on a suspended license is considered a very serious offense and the punishment can be severe. It is in your best interest to hire a suspended license attorney in Raleigh who will work tirelessly to protect your rights. Call today and schedule an evaluation of your case.