Raleigh, NC Sex Crime Charges
Being charged with a sex crime can be humiliating and upsetting, particularly if felony charges are filed. While sex crime charges may damage your reputation, they can also – should a conviction occur – put you behind bars and permanently taint your criminal record.
Having an experienced sex offender lawyer working for you is essential to:
- Ensuring that your rights as a defendant are appropriately and thoroughly represented
- Getting the charges against you reduced or, if possible, dropped entirely
- Achieving the best possible outcomes in your case
Curtis R. High, Attorney at Law provides professional, discreet and aggressive representation for his clients. If you or a loved one has recently been charged with a sex crime in Raleigh, North Carolina, contact us today to set up a free initial consultation and get a thorough evaluation of your case.
Types of Sex Crime Charges
Like other crimes, sex crimes are classified as misdemeanors or felonies based on whether:
- anyone was injured in the event
- a weapon was used
- the victim was a minor or an adult
Some of the most common sex crime charges include (but aren’t limited to):
- child pornography distribution or possession
- indecent exposure
- lewd acts with a minor
- lewd acts in public
- prostitution and/or solicitation
- sexual assault
- sexual harassment
- stalking and/or peeping
- statutory, spousal and/or date rape
Superior Defense Strategies
While sex crimes can leave behind witnesses and evidence (such as DNA evidence), in many cases, these charges only involve two people. As a result, they are often referred to as “he said-she said” cases, in which the stories of the alleged attacker and the alleged victim are pitted against each other in an effort to find the truth.
This fact makes it paramount to have an experienced sex crimes attorney fighting on your behalf. Some of the superior ways Mr. High aggressively defends his clients against sex crimes charges include by:
- Interviewing any witnesses and scrutinizing all evidence against you to find any inaccuracies that can prove your claims
- Working with psychotherapists (and other specialists) to gather expert testimony that will weaken the arguments against you
- Reviewing the case to uncover any new evidence and/or witnesses who can support your version of events
Given that many sex crimes charges are ultimately decided based on the credibility of the defendant or the accuser, Mr. High will also find character witnesses to testify to the quality of your character.
If you’re facing a North Carolina sex crime charge, contact sex crimes lawyer Curtis High for experienced and aggressive representation.